Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:56:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysinstall: is it really at the end of its lifecycle?

Today Mike Smith wrote:

> > Given the primary mission of sysinstall is to load FreeBSD, I'd
> > go so far as to say that developing an X version would be wasting
> > valuable developer resources (IMHO, of course).
>
> It's a painful tradeoff between functionality and flash.  The latter is
> an unfortunate necessity if we are to avoid looking hopelessly outdated.

Not arguing the point in reguard to the "unwashed masses", but
when an NT[hates it]/Novell admin watched me install FreeBSD last
week his opinion of sysinstall was that it was about the cleanest
and most straight forward install program he's seen.  Guess he,
like I, is more concerned with functionality than flash.  :)

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null