Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 2009 09:55:23 +0200
From:      olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To:        lwhsu@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/135484: port lang/python and python26 build failed

>Synopsis: port lang/python and python26 build failed

> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: lwhsu
> State-Changed-When: Tue Jun 30 16:13:43 UTC 2009
> State-Changed-Why:
> I cannot reproduce here.  Could you update your ports tree and try
> again.  If it still fails, please list your /etc/make.conf and the
> installed packages.l

hmm, I tried the build a view times after reporting and always it
doesn't
build the package in lang/python (with or without this line
#PYTHON_DEFAULT_VERSION?= python2.6 in etc/make.conf)

Test case was always to deinstall all ports that use python and make
sure there is nothing left like /usr/local/lib/python*.
Then delete directories lang/python lang/python2(5|6) remove the line in
ports/.portsnap.INDEX fetch and update.

I don't know what happened but port python26 could build at a given time
where lang/python does noting except extract with the following command
$> make package DEPENDS_TARGET=package clean

One thing I remember a day after report the port lang/python tried to
build
python25 instead python26.

It even hasn't work after removing this lines in make.conf
 WRKDIRPREFIX?=  /build/work
 DISTDIR?=       /data/distfiles
 PACKAGES?=      /data/packages

After your feedback I tried today building package with both ports and
it works as expected for both.

A side note: most of the ports use
 PKGNAMEPREFIX=  ${PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX}
except the following they use
 PKGNAMEPREFIX= py-

py-libmpdclient-0.10.0
py-MySQL-1.4
py-SQLDict-1.0.0
py-Ice-3.3.1
py-kqueue-1.4_2
py-subversion-1.6.3
py-tconfpy-2.112
py-thrift-20070917
py-gnuplot-1.8
py-mp-random-1.0_4
py-punjab-0.12
py-HyperText-1.0.1
py-gnome-1.4.4_9
py-gtk-0.6.11_6
py-gtkscintilla-0.8.2_6

Maybe it is a good idea to make this consistent?

For me the port is working now, please close the PR

Regards,
olli