Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 21:36:37 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        announce@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: end of 2.2-stable support and the future of ports

> Well, the time has finally come.  The 3.0 tree was branched to
> 3.1-stable (RELENG_3) and 4.0-current (HEAD) today.

Just by way of clarification, it's actually being referred to as
"3.0-stable" right now in all of our docs since 3.1 does not yet
exist.  Just wanted to head off any potential confusion over
this! :)

- Jordan

This is the moderated mailing list freebsd-announce.
The list contains announcements of new FreeBSD capabilities,
important events and project milestones.
See also the FreeBSD Web pages at http://www.freebsd.org