Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 1996 17:18:12 +1100 (EST)
From:      cactoid <cactoid@kwest.com.au>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel EtherExpress Flash32 EISA nic.

Hi all..

I have an old Acer server which has an EISA bus which I planned to install
FreeBSD 2.1.5 onto, then make world to 2.1.6. I had some proprietry Acer
EISA network card in there, which works with nothing, so I ditched it.

I saw that Intel EtherExpress cards were supported with the ix driver, but
I didn't realise at that stage that the eisa bus driver does all the work
when it comes to EISA devices.

basically what I need to know is whether anyone has got an EISA Flash32
nic to work with FreeBSD, or whether I should just go out and buy some ISA
nic and ditch the Intel card as well. I'd like to use the Intel card if I
can, but if I can't.. hey.. what can ya do.

When I boot FreeBSD with the Intel card in there, it gives me the cards sig
and says "Unknown device" or something similiar.. the same message the Acer
card had.

.is EISA a lost cause with FreeBSD?

-- cactoid. /\/-> http://www.kwest.com.au /\/-> cactoid@kwest.com.au