Date:      Thu, 01 Nov 2012 07:05:26 -0700
From:      Matthew Jacob <mj@feral.com>
To:        Joerg Pulz <Joerg.Pulz@frm2.tum.de>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: isp(4) broken in RELENG_9

So, it's working in 9.1 but not in 9?

Since any fix to 9.0 would be in 9.1 are we just concerned with
understanding what happened, or is there a specific reason we need to
know what changed so that a specific fix to 9.0 is needed?

I'm sure that there is a bug in isp where it can ask for more than a
page's worth of queue space mapping but can't deal with things if you
get more than 1 segment descriptor back. I need to fix that, but I won't
be able to get to that for a couple of weeks.

It's possible that the FC-TAPE changes triggered this because that threw
more of a load on the control space. I'll try and calculate a change to
MAXISPREQUEST to re-fit within a page some time today.

-matt