Date:      Tue, 12 Jul 2011 21:34:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joe Sciulli <jsciulli2003@yahoo.com>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Solved: yes for vnc] Re: does phpvirtualbox support remote console? or virtualbox supports vnc without X?

--- On Tue, 7/12/11, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:

From: Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Subject: Re: does phpvirtualbox support remote console? or virtualbox suppo=
rts vnc without X?
To: "Joe Sciulli" <jsciulli2003@yahoo.com>
Cc: freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 8:29 PM

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Joe Sciulli wrote:

> This page http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch07.html said VBoxHeadless do=
es support remote desktop without X Window system on the host at all.=A0 Ho=
wever, just like phpvirtualvox, it's also through the VRDP support, which a=
ppears to be deprived into VirtualBox extension
>=A0 =A0 package since virtualbox 4.0, that is NOT available to freebsd.
>
> So, what is the solution to have remote console of virtualbox guests on f=
reebsd host since virtualbox 4.0?

Build VirtualBox with VNC support, then
=A0=A0=A0VBoxHeadless --startvm test --vnc --vncpass myvncpassword

Then use a VNC viewer to connect.

Thanks a lot!=A0 Worked perfectly!=A0 I just realized the "rdesktop" comman=
d I attempted to connect to that vnc before is NOT a vnc viewer :-(=A0 And =
it's easy to tunnel the vnc traffic over ssh.