Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2008 09:08:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dino Vliet <dino_vliet@yahoo.com>
To:        sonic2000gr@gmail.com, wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gmirror prerequisite question SOLVED

> I've bought a secondary HDD to attach to my server running freebsd 7.0.
> I want to enable gmirror on it (will reinstall everything from scratch),

you don't have to.

>but I want to know if my hardware is setup correctly as a prerequisite for=
 doing this operation.

> The command
>
> dmesg | grep Seagate
>
> Yields:
>
> ad4: 76319MB <Seagate ST380815AS 3.AAC> at ata2-master UDMA33
> ad6: 76319MB <Seagate ST380815AS 3.AAC> at ata3-master UDMA33

yes it is.
=A0
Thanks for all your help! I managed to install it on my working system and =
it was a fairly simple procedure. Now I need to restructure my system becau=
se I've installed it as a desktop system, but want to use the system more l=
ike a server (database & ruby & weka ). So I will need to deinstall all ins=
talled packages like KDE4.1, Xorg, Firefox etc etc.
Will still need to figure that out (assuming a pkg_delete -a is what I need=
)
Brgds
Dino=0A=0A=0A