Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:38:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, rivers@lakes.dignus.com
Subject:   fxtv - Xfree86 3.3.3.x - and ".. using Ximages"

A while back (about mid-December in 1997) - I reported that
my Matrox Millenium II and fxtv weren't cooperating.

I was getting :

   Direct Video not supported by visual...using XImages

Now - after I upgraded to 3.0 and then upgraded to the very latest
XF86_SVGA server - and fxtv 0.47 - I find this problem has returned.

So - I dug up the previous mail and discovered that I needed to
add -bpp 16 to the X command.

I did so... but, I'm still not getting Direct Video.  And Ximages
aren't nearly as good as direct writes :-)

Is there some new magic I need to perform?

	 - Thanks -
	- Dave Rivers -