Date:      18 Sep 2002 17:58:47 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help - lost lil' work icon from gnome panel

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 09:43, Mike Harding wrote:

> (All gnome 1.4 specific)
>
> Sorry - I mispelled.
>
> There is a little WORLD icon that used to be next to the configuration
> tooo icon on the default panel on the bottom of the window.  If I
> clicked on it it would open up mozilla.
>
> It looks like the desktop file is in
> /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/apps/Internet/Browser.desktop.

Have you looked to see the perms on the file grant you read access?  Can
you send me this file?

> Nothing shows up in Applications->Internet for this app, but the
> underlying application, /usr/X11R6/gnome-moz-remote, is there and does
> launch Mozilla if I launch it from the command line.
>
> I don't know how to add it to the panel if I can't find it under the
> Programs main menu.

Okay, right click on the panel, and select Panel->Add to
Panel->Launcher.  Then, fill in the fields the way you want, and click
Close.  Then you can move the icon into place in your panel.

The fields by default are:

Name: Web Browser
Comment: GNOME Web Browser
Command: gnome-moz-remote --newwin ""
Type: Application
Icon: /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/pixmaps/gnome-html.png

(But you could probably get that from the .desktop file)

Joe