Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 2019 10:36:29 +0200
From:      Marcin Wojtas <mw@semihalf.com>
To:        Rebecca Cran <rebecca@bluestop.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Enabling the network ports on the MacchiatoBIN (Double Shot)

Hi Rebecca,

niedz., 14 kwi 2019 o 06:10 Rebecca Cran via freebsd-arm
<freebsd-arm@freebsd.org> napisa=C5=82(a):

> I've got the MacchiatoBIN board booting FreeBSD 13-CURRENT from a SATA
> drive, and the remaining issue is that no network adapters are detected.
> I'd like to ignore the SPF ports and get the RJ45 Gb ports working if
> possible. I'm currently booting via UEFI, which passes FreeBSD the DTB,
> though I can also boot with u-boot.

That's great. Are you using the mainline UEFI or the one from Marvell tree?

> Being pretty new to the ARM world I'm not sure where to start. I've
> already learned a bit about the FDT and that the McBIN has a static
> hardware configuration, but I don't know if the dts needs updated, or if
> FreeBSD just doesn't support the network adapter that it uses?

Unfortunately, the integrated PP2 NIC of Armada8040 has no driver in
the FreeBSD, which is required for both RJ45 and the SFP ports...

Best regards,
Marcin