Date:      	Fri, 10 Feb 1995 18:37:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@haven.uniserve.com>
To:        Bill Allison <wallison@ifc.com>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail question

On Fri, 10 Feb 1995, Bill Allison wrote:

> Also, I have remotely heard of a product called Zmailer.  (someone else
> responded with "Ever hear of a product called Zmailer")  I had heard the
> name, but know nothing about it.
>
> I was mainly worried about sendmail bringing our system to its knees if we
> queued 1,000 50K messages at once...  How does sendmail handle this?  Does
> it go sequentially through an alias :include file, processing messages one
> at a time, or can it initiate multiple simultaneous connections?

  Zmailer is based on a three process model:  a router, a scheduler, and
a smtpserver.  The scheduler gives you very tight control over how
messages are delivered by limiting the number of simultaneous tranports
etc.

  However, Zmailer is not the most well documented system around, but
anything is better than sendmail.cf.

Tom