Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:06:31 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/lib32 question

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 23:49:50 -0700, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have four files in /usr/lib32  - libc.so.7, libcrypt.so.5, librt.so.1,
> libthr.so.3 that are 444 root. Seems like i am unable to change permissions
> or remove... any idea why? or really, how to delete those files. it's an
> amd64 machine.

I'm on i386 here, so I can't check, but:

See if the files have additional flags set, especially
the "system immutable" flag (schg):

	# ls -lo /usr/lib32

If neccessary, use:

	# chflags noschg /usr/lib32/*

and continue trying to change permissions or remove the
files in that directory.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany