Date:      23 Oct 1995 11:01:05 +0100
From:      mikko@dynas.se (Mikko Tyolajarvi)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 1.1.5.1, XFree86-3.1.2, Netscape 1.12

Dan Yergeau <yergeau@gloworm.Stanford.EDU> writes:

>Before anyone suggests installing the nls directory and the
>XKeysymDB file, let me assure you that I have copies of those
>installed (identical to those in the netscape-1.12 distribution).
>ktrace indicates that they are being opened/read.

I'd suggest you don't waste any more time on this.  It just plain does n=
ot
work.  As the Netscape README says:

NetBSD, FreeBSD:
            We have been told (but have not verified) that the BSDI bina=
ries
            will work on x86 systems running NetBSD 1.0 or FreeBSD 2.0 (=
but
            not FreeBSD 1.1.5.1.)

I did spend some time on this before deciding it wasn't worth the troubl=
e.
Switch to 2.0.5 or wait for 2.1.  In the meantime, you'll have to make d=
with the emacs-style keybindings and redirect error output to /dev/null =
:-)

=09=09Regards,
=09=09/Mikko
--=20