Date:      Sun, 6 May 2012 08:41:27 -0400
From:      Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kernel configuration file

In the "Generic kernel configuration file for FreeBSD/amd64", if I do
not have a floppy drive, is it safe to comment out this entry?

# Floppy drives
device          fdc

Are there any other entries that I could eliminate if I do not have a
floppy drive?

Also, according the the "webcamd" documentation, I need to have this in
the loader.conf file.

webcamd requires the cuse4bsd(3) kernel module. To load the driver as a
module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5):

	cuse4bsd_load="YES"

Is there a way that I can simply compile it into the kernel? Would a:

device		cuse4bsd	# Required by webcamd

entry in the kernel file work? I cannot find any documentation on that.

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny@hotmail.com