Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 1997 07:43:56 -0700
From:      Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        Justin Lundy <dblundy@ibm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: REQ: Entire FreeBSD handbook in a Archive

> If the entire FreeBSD handbook was available in an Archive--both Html and
> plain ascii text, I feel that a larger quantity of people would be passed a
> copy to read, or either print it out.

This is a good idea.  Sometimes when you're after some specific bit of
information, there's nothing quite like a grep through the entire handbook,
and without having to be online to use the web search.

Actually, something that would help FreeBSD's professional presence is a PDF
version of the handbook.  Has anyone made the latex version, used some nice
fonts, cleaned it up here and there, and tried running a free PDF creator?
(This is something I definitely could've used yesterday while preparing a
portfolio of work I've done (I wanted to include the printing chapter from the
handbook).)

--Sean