Date:      Tue, 6 May 1997 09:36:46 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        michaelb@wni.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dbm libraries

Michael A. Branch asked:
>   where do I obtain the libdbm sources so I can compile the libdbm
>   suitable for FreeBSD 2.2?  I don't see libdbm.xx anywhere on the
>   filesystem.

You can find sources for the GNU dbm library at

	ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/gnu/gdbm-1.7.3.tar.gz

If you're developing new software, you might want to look at the db
library instead, it features a number of enhancements over the
capabilities of dbm.  See the man page for dbopen(3) and follow the SEE
ALSO captions.