Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:51:39 +0400
From:      "Valeriy E. Ushakov" <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'll be rolling a 4.1.1 release on September 25th

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 22:38:39 +0200, Soren Schmidt wrote:

> Because I dont favour the ioctl interface, its no longer needed...
>
> > If /dev/acd*t* is going to be the answer then can this be stated
> > directly, please, to cut the confusion.  BTW, as I wrote just few days
> > ago, acd*t* support was MFC'ed but relevant changes to MAKEDEV to
> > create those devices were not.
>
> No its not, you simply open /dev/acdNc and set the blocksize to
> what you need with the CDRIOCSETBLKSIZE ioctl and reads the blocks
> woth a normal read from the device....

Ah, this is starting to make sense.  However it didn't work as
expected so I monkeyed around and I think that the problem is that

    ccb[9] = 0x10;

assignment in acd_start.  From luoqi's patch and also from old patches
to 2.2.8 wcd driver (revealed by google)

    ftp://ftp.nsysu.edu.tw/FreeBSD/taiwan/CSIE/vcd/vcd_2.2.8.patch

I believe this should be 0xf8.  It's not that these numbers make *any*
sense to me :-), however after changing the line to be:

    ccd[9] = 0xf8;

I can successfully use you advice to CDRIOCSETBLKSIZE 2352 than lseek
and read structures:

    struct vcdsector {
	u_char sync[12];
	u_char header[4];
	u_char subheader[8];
	u_char data[2324];
	u_char spare[4];
    };

writing out the data[2324] part.

Wow, thanks!

PS: I would never thought about using CDR(!) ioctl.

SY, Uwe