Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:44:52 +0200
From:      Geoff Rehmet <geoff@is.co.za>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup access for storeroom.is.co.za

Hi,

would it be possible for someone to set up cvsup access to ftp-master
for storeroom.is.co.za?

I will shortly be beginning the process of moving the ftp server
that is currently ftp2.za.freebsd.org.
What is happening is as follows:
We are installing a new ftp server for ftp.is.co.za (with somewhere
between 700 and 800G of usable storage).  I have secured approx
80G of that for FreeBSD.  All the mirrors will run off a seaparate
machine (storeroom.is.co.za) which mounts the ftp server's disks
via NFS.
Once I have the new mirror up and running, I will be getting in
touch with John Hay to discuss the possibility of making the
new mirror ftp.za, while John's server will become ftp2, which
will hopefully remove some of the load on bandwidth between the
CSIR and IS.  We will probably then work out an arrangement for
John to mirror off the server at IS.

Regards,
Geoff.
--
Geoff Rehmet - New Business Development -  Internet Solutions
email: geoffr@is.co.za, geoff@is.co.za