Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 2004 02:22:06 +0000
From:      Benjamin Sobotta <mayday@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Replacing hd

On Saturday 17 July 2004 15:42, Mark wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a hd going bad. It is not the primary drive but is
> ad2s1e
> ad2s1f
>
> it holds /usr and /tmp
>
> How can I put in  a new drive and copy everything over and not miss a beat.
> if possible.
>
> THanks
> Mark

Hi!

I did something like this once. Just get the drive ready and mount under,
say, /mnt. Since /tmp doesn't really matter copy everything from /usr
to /tmp. Something like "cp -pR /usr /mnt". Next you might have to
alter /etc/fstab according to your new drive settings and reboot.
There is probably a more sophisticated method but like this is worked for me.

Cheers,
Ben