Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2002 15:30:40 +0200
From:      "Nastasa Dorel" <nddoru@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Modem problem - chat

Hello.
I have an old Cirrus Logic modem(33k). Works cool on winxx.

Tried it on Linux and FreeBSD but I have the same problem on both. I cannot
make pppd to work.
Configured a /etc/ppp/chat.ppp script to make a simple ATZ. That's the main
problem - chat can't init the modem.

Both on Linux& FreeBSD I managed to dial "by hand" -with minicom & tip using
/dev/ttyS2 /dev/cuaa2 (uses COM3)- my ISP and I got a "Switch Access Server
login ... blablabla" answer, a login prompt,... etc.

I tried to do #stty -f /dev/cuaa2  -options    to change some options (no
parity first) but chat wouldn't work either.

If anyone knows what else can I do please tell me.

Nastasa Doru - nddoru@yahoo.com