Date:      Wed, 03 Mar 1999 10:42:43 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Steven Young <dreamer@freelow.ninsei.com>
Cc:        freebsd-config@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: menuconfig

Steven Young wrote:

>   Well, what I was actually meaning was a kernel configuration utility,
> not an overall system configuration utility.  My general plan is to have
> spec file of some sort that describes all the different options that can
> be in the config file and how they relate to each other.  Thus, when a new
> option is added to the kernel, you just have to add a couple of lines to
> the spec file and voila.
>
>   Steve (my first 10 minutes running qmail - hope this gets through!)

Hi,

OK - I thought you were referring to 'system config'... I still like the
Kernel config idea though! :-)

Again, the only problem I can see is making sure it stays up to date... I
guess for -release versions it's not too bad, but staying current with
-current could be fun :-)

Still sounds like a good idea though!

-Kp