Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:53:18 -0400
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need feedback/review, a big change in AbiWord2 port.

>> (06.08.2004 @ 0209 PST): Jeremy Messenger said, in 2.3K: <<
> Hello,
>
> I have maken a big changes in AbiWord2 port, what I have done:
>
> 	- Force AbiWord to check/compile everything what apps that are
> 	  installed (headers, libraries, etc) from ports rather than check
> 	  and
> 	  use the stuff that are included in tarball such as wv, zlib,
> 	  libpng,
> 	  popt and etc.

How much compile time does this save? Just curious.

> 	- Change the default spell from Enchant to Aspell, because it doesn't
> 	  work at all unless you compile Enchant with the Aspell support. I
> 	  think, it's waste to depend on Enchant by default.
>
> 	  Also, I have removed the check of Enchant. I prefer to see force
> 	  user to want use Enchant if they know what to do with it. I need
> 	  the
> 	  help on write the better comment in @${ECHO_CMD} about this.

I disagree strongly with this. I think that Enchant is a great idea.
Enchant isn't being utilized properly ATM, but it has the propensity to
be a great leap forward in i18n spell-checking.

> 	- Add the new WITH_HTML_HELP_BROWSER knob to allow us install the
> 	Help
> 	  docs. This cover the ports/66623, but I personal still would like
> 	  see use the DOCSDIR path.
>
> 	  The vote is still open for if you dislike put Help docs in Makefile
> 	  and rather to create a seperate port, just give a shout.
>
> 	  Vote:
> 	  mezz   = Makefile
> 	  marcus = seperate port, unless Makefile doesn't turn into mess.

How much space does the installed documentation take up?

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw@magnesium.net || adamw@FreeBSD.org