Date:      Sat, 18 Feb 1995 12:49:11 +0100
From:      Hinrich Eilts <eilts@iwte01.dialin.rrze.uni-erlangen.de>
To:        "M.C Wong" <mcw@hpato.aus.hp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com (freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com)
Subject:   Re: sendmail with UUCP and DNS

> I got a host on UUCP link, and recently I have added it to serves as DNS
> server for other boxes in the private LAN. With DNS enabled, mail deliveries
> to all local hosts are fine, but when any specified remote host name is not
> found, I will like it send out via the UUCP link.
Following config on host "tor" (aka "iwte01") does it on my machines:
divert(-1)
include(`../m4/cf.m4')
VERSIONID(`@(#)tor.mc')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl

Cwtor

MASQUERADE_AS(iwte01.dialin.rrze.uni-erlangen.de)dnl
FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
define(`SMART_HOST', uucp-dom:late)dnl
define(`confMESSAGE_TIMEOUT', 12w/5d)dnl
define(`UUCP_MAX_SIZE', 250000)dnl

# UUCP-Name equal MASQUERADE-Name
DU$M

LOCAL_NET_CONFIG
# Format: User < @ Hostname >
# directly by SMTP reachable hosts: decision by DNS-lookup
# (already done by sendmail)
# DNS-lookup successfully (i.e. found) -> hostname have a trailing .
# hostname has a trailing . -> SMTP (else: send by smarthost)

MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(uucp)dnl
"late" is the UUCP host linking my local net to internet (this mail is
send by "odin" -SMTP-> "tor" -UUCP-> "late" -SMTP-> "freefall").

Hinrich