Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:08:25 -0600
From:      Jason Boisvert <boisvert@colorado.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup bug

Hi FreeBSD professionals,

Pls note that I received this error msg when trying to run portsdb -Uu on my
gateway 450 laptop.

The error:

[boisvert@kailash] ~ $ sudo portsdb -Uu
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
wait.."/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk", line 626: Malformed conditional
(${_USE_GNOME_ALL:Mgtk20}=="")
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 5992: if-less endif
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
===> games/freeciv-nox11 failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
failed to generate INDEX!
portsdb: index generation error

Here is my make.conf file:

[boisvert@kailash] ~ $ cat /etc/make.conf
# added by use.perl 2006-05-24 16:32:54
PERL_VER=5.8.8
PERL_VERSION=5.8.8

PORTSSUPFILE=/etc/ports-supfile
KERNCONF=KAILASH
NO_SENDMAIL=YES
CFLAGS= -O -pipe
CPUTYPE=pentium-m
WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=1
WITHOUT_RUNTIME_CPUDETECTION=1
WITH_GTK2=1
WITHOUT_3DNOW=1
WITHOUT_DSP=1
WITH_DVD_DEVICE=/dev/acd0
WITH_CDROM_DEVICE=/dev/acd0
NO_LPR=true
CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=yes

Pls let me know if you need anything else.

Jason

I am running KDE 3.5.3 on 6.1-Release.