Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:16:06 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Eric Veraart <eric@monkey-online.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem building 4.7-p6

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 07:00 am, Eric Veraart wrote:
> I've fixed the problem. I did the following things:
> -Downloaded the sources from ftp.freebsd.org
> -CVSUPed from cvsup2.freebsd.org
> -Set my date (which lagged behind more than a week)

I would suspect your last change. The date lagging causes all sorts of
problems. For example, make will create a file that is older than the
source cvsup downloaded. Make will try to recreate the file because it
is out of date and eventually gives up.

If your system date is running fast, then you can end up using an old
file because it is more recent than the code downloaded by cvsup. A
proper date is really part of using cvsup and maintaining your system.

This also one of the side effects of setting the bios to local time. You
have to run "adjkerntz -i" to set the timezone before you do your
installworld in single user mode.

Kent

> I don't know which one solved the problem, but now it works :)
>
> At 08:38 AM 26/2/2003 +0100, you wrote:
> >I've installed two boxes with 4.7-release, and CVSUPed them to
> > 4.7-p6. When I try to compile them I get some errors. The first one
> > had something to do with lc missing. I threw away my entire
> > /usr/obj and /usr/src and CVSUPed again from a different server.
> > Now I get this message:
> >
> >cc -o make_keys -O -pipe  -I. -I/usr/src/lib/libncurses
> >-I/usr/src/lib/libncurses/../../contrib/ncurses/ncurses
> >-I/usr/src/lib/libncurses/../../contrib/ncurses/include -Wall
> >-DFREEBSD_NATIVE -DNDEBUG -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DTERMIOS
> >/usr/src/lib/libncurses/../../contrib/ncurses/ncurses/tinfo/make_key
> >s.c *** Error code 1
> >
> >Stop in /usr/src/lib/libncurses.
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >Stop in /usr/src.
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >Stop in /usr/src.
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >Stop in /usr/src.
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >Stop in /usr/src.
> >
> >I've tried to update my entire source, just ncursus, tried different
> > CVSUP servers, on different dates, did make clean and make cleandir
> > numerous times, and nothing helps! I've heard complaints from more
> > people that the source at a lot of servers wouldn't build.
> >Does anyone have a big ass tarball with the source of 4.7-p6 for me
> > so at least I can install the boxes properly?!
> >
> >Thanks.

> >with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the message

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA