Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:20:56 -0600
From:      Chris <chrish@ultimateDNS.NET>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB ethernet support - can't complete CD install

Greetings,
 I just attempted a CD install of RELENG_8 on an AMD box.
The install went nearly as expected, but upon rebooting into the new
install. I ran into
trouble -- cdce0 faking MAC address. CRAP! this'll never work. My ISP
leases the DHCP
by MAC address. Now I won't be able to make an attempt to gain internet
access
for another ~24hrs.
I didn't think I'd need to parse the log during install to copy the MAC
address for later
use. As I see I'll need to maintain a _single_ "faked" MAC address.
Can anyone assist
me in effectively utilizing it?
relevent info:
nVidia nForce2 USB2.0 controller on ehci0
-- simply put; a USB cable attached from the USB port on the AMD box, to
the USB port on the
modem.

What is the proper usage in rc.conf(5)?
I'm attempting the following:
ifconfig_ue0="ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx DHCP"

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris