Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2012 10:37:32 -0500
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mozilla SDK?

As the current maintainer of the x11-toolkits/swt-devel port, I'm
currently looking at both updating the port version as well as, much
more importantly, correcting some build issues re: both Webkit and
Mozilla.

For some reason, the swt source package, as shipped, makes no attempt to
include support under FreeBSD for either of these by default.  Well, in
the case of Mozilla, there is *some* support, but it's somewhat
incomplete in a few critical respects, while Webkit support under
FreeBSD is completely disabled.

In investigating these issues, it appears that the reason for the
incomplete Mozilla support is the lack of a "Mozilla SDK" for FreeBSD.

Does anyone know *exactly* what they're referring to by "Mozilla SDK"?
None of my web searches have turned up anything useful yet.  I'm
wondering if there's some standard development kit available somewhere
out there that simply isn't available for/hasn't been ported to FreeBSD.

While the swt-devel port, in its current state, is *mostly* working just
fine, I do occasionally run across situations where this incompleteness
in Mozilla support does cause some rather serious issues, for instance,
when trying to run "Vuze" (aka azureus).  In this particular case, the
application's functionality is severely hindered as a result, rendering
it nearly completely useless.

If anyone could help to shed some light on this for me, or point me in
the right direction for further investigation, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks!

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads@cox.net