Date:      29 Oct 2006 03:11:04 -0000
From:      John Levine <johnl@iecc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More questions on sr sync driver, packet filters, and altq

I am putting together a FreeBSD router to replace a tired old BSD/OS
one.  My external line is a T1, so I got a Wanic 400 on ebay. I have a
/24 that is about half full so I don't do NAT and don't expect to need
to do so.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do the packet
filtering.  Since there are a few Windows boxes on my network, the
main thing I want to do is to filter out nasty stuff, but I would also
like to do a little policy routing.  In particular, I have some VoIP
equipment,and I'd like to give its traffic priority.  Identifying
the traffic is easy, since the boxes have fixed IP addresses, but how
do I do the priority.  The altq man pages say that each driver has to
support altq, and the sr driver doesn't.

Can I do this with netgraph?  Is there something else I'm missing?

TIA,