Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2012 19:18:29 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   openjdk6: Compiler-gcc.gmk patching vs non-base compiler

patch-set adds blocks of definitions for bsd case to
jdk/make/common/shared/Compiler-gcc.gmk and
corba/make/common/shared/Compiler-gcc.gmk that look like this:
+ifeq ($(PLATFORM), bsd)
+
+  # Settings specific to BSD
+  CC             = $(COMPILER_PATH)gcc
+  CPP            = $(COMPILER_PATH)gcc -E
+  CXX            = $(COMPILER_PATH)g++

These assignments completely override CC/CXX/etc settings provided via MAKE_ENV.
I think that they should be conditional assignments (?=).
I've already tested such a change and it worked fine for compiling the port with
gcc46.

--
Andriy Gapon