Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:32:20 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        msch@snafu.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@freebsd.dk
Subject:   Re: ATA errors on recent -current

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> >> device model          IC35L060AVER07-0
> >                        **      **
> > These match the test in ad_tagsupported(); I have to wonder about:
> >
> >> device model          IC35L060AVER07-0
> >                                  **
>
> Can you be more specific?

Uh, no.  I reproduced the source code for the test, so... no.  It's
a drive that the 4.5 sources believe supports tagged command queues
properl because of the marked character values.

> >> firmware revision     ER6OA44A
> >
> > I also have to wonder about the firmware revision feature set;
> > it's probably not an issue.
>
> I don't knwo what you are trying to tell me.

The drive may have been manufactured after the tests were written,
and they may no longer be valid for the particular drive.  You
might be getting a false positive.

-- Terry