Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:01:30 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Markus =?iso-8859-2?Q?=D6rebrand?= <Markus.Orebrand@operax.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Expandable filesystem with more disk

--cHMo6Wbp1wrKhbfi

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 12:19:20PM +0100, Markus =D6rebrand wrote:
+> And yes, it would be useful to allow creation with only one provider
+> (sorry for the provider/consumer confusion earlier), especially with a
+> number of repos of this kind.

I committed such functionality to HEAD, should be available in 6.1.

+> Still, what are the chances of data corruption when adding more
+> providers and then growfs? Growfs comes bundled with warnings at
+> least...

Adding more providers with gconcat(8) is safe (as long as you don't
change the order of providers).
I don't know how reliable growfs(8) is...

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--cHMo6Wbp1wrKhbfi

--cHMo6Wbp1wrKhbfi--