Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 1997 09:07:53 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        stronghold@www.ukweb.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Stronghold evaluation, Problems with decryption of passwords

Hi !

Some days ago I got an evaluation copy of stronghold for our company.
I tried to evaluate your great product but trapped into some problems
regarding decryption of passwords. So for example I couldn't login
into the administration server.

With which crypt algorithm was your Stronghold FreeBSD binary created ?

I currently use the src/secure distrib from internat.FreeBSD.org.

>From the README (usr/src/secure/README.FreeBSD):

	This code is legal for distribution outside the US and
	Canada. It was created from code legally exported and from
	code written entirely outside USA/Canada.

	This code is made available to the world through the courtesy
	of the kind folks at the CSIR's Program for Network Design
	and Security. Without them I would not have a well-connected
	machine and the high enough bandwidth to support a world
	accessible FTP site.

Thanks for any pointers

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm | klemm.gtn.com - powered by
                    Symmetric MultiProcessor FreeBSD