Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:36:54 -0300
From:      "Matt Rudderham" <matt@researcher.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FW: Kernal problems... :(

-- Snipped Kernel Config & dmesg

># ISA Ethernet NICs.
>device          ed0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 10 iomem 0xd8000
>device          ex
>device          ep
># WaveLAN/IEEE 802.11 wireless NICs. Note: the WaveLAN/IEEE really
># exists only as a PCMCIA device, so there is no ISA attatement needed
># and resources will always be dynamically assigned by the pccard code.
>device          wi
># Aironet 4500/4800 802.11 wireless NICs. Note: the declaration below will
># work for PCMCIA and PCI cards, as well as ISA cards set to ISA PnP
># mode (the factory default). If you set the switches on your ISA
># card for a manually chosen I/O address and IRQ, you must specify
># those paremeters here.
>device          an
># Xircom Ethernet
>device          xe
>
>------
>
>strange message noticed durring "make depend":
>../../dev/xe/if_xe.c:138: card_if.h: No such file or directory
>
>error code/mesg after "make depend":
>mkdep: compile failed
>*** Error code 1

The unfound library, I believe, relates to the Xircom Ethernet Adapter, It
looks
like you left quite a few adapters uncommented, I'd suggest removing the
ones you
don't have. If the Xircom is one of these, then your error in make depend
should
go away, but I am also fairly new to this. Good Luck.
(Please excuse my use of Micro$oft Outlook for this Message)

- Matthew Rudderham