Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 07:22:06 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: These mtv video pauses are murder

John S. Dyson:
 |You *might* want to try to do the audio with the AIO code (as long as you
 |are not running SMP.)  Oops!!! I haven't written manpages yet.  For specs,
 |refer to your trusty IEEE Std 1003.1b-1993 (POSIX.4). :-(.

Got a URL where I can yank a PDF? :-)  (Or is this one you have order and
shell out green stuff for.)

Speaking of file systems, I've wondered about the LFS (log file system).
If I remember my reading correctly, the strategy of always appending to the
file system should let us eek out a bit more performance over a UFS due to
seek avoidance.

I'm not sure if LFS is still broken or not.  I'll check over the holidays
when I'm experimenting.  But if you happen to have any info/pointers on LFS
too, it'd be appreciated.

Randall