Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 05:38:42 +0000
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD equiv. of this Linux socket call...

I'm looking for the FreeBSD equivalent of this Linux socket call:

dhcpSocket = socket(AF_PACKET,SOCK_PACKET,htons(ETH_P_ALL));

So far, I think "SOCK_PACKET" can be replaced by a call to /dev/bpf0.
How should /dev/bpf be opened?  Should it be by the regular libc open()
command, which returns a file descriptor, that is later used to bind
this file descriptor to a device interface?  What is AF_PACKET;  I don't
think FreeBSD supports that either.

Thanks, this is a tough one.

Donn