Date:      Thu, 05 Nov 1998 12:55:41 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: status?

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> ok, well there does seem to be a few people subscribed to this list.
>
> some questions to help me get started:
>
> a) Any URLs to Usparc assembler language (detailed)
> b) Any recommended books
>
> a&b for: sbus info, creator info, the scsi interface, serial interface

The first place to look is http://docs.sun.com/

They may have much of what you need on-line, in HTML or PDF.

> i don't plan on supporting much as this is the first time i'm doing
> something like this.  however i did purchase the box explicilty for this
> purpose.  so i'm really counting on some pointers.
>
> other stuff:
>
> netbsd seems to have a usparc port, but i don't see any support in their
> source tree, any pointers/clues?

As mentioned in another response, the sparc64 port is in the -current
build tree.  They currently support the ultra1/ultra2 systems, not
the PCI-based ultra5 and ultra10.  You may want to contact the NetBSD
sparc64 port maintainer and find out what they're doing.

> if anyone wants to donate a book on the arch to me i'll pay for
> shipping+whatever (if you want a small return on the book)
> unfortunatly all i have is books on PA-RISC, x86 and PPC archs, well
> PDP-11 if you count the Lions Book. :)

I have several SPARClite books around, but that isn't going to help
you, as they are a (distant) subset of UltraSPARC.

Good luck!

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                      +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                   wes@softweyr.com