Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:18:36 -0500
From:      "Christopher J. Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        "'Nana Ni.'" <raha49@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: UDP/TCP Ports 137, 138, 139

If you just block all traffic going over the firewall's outside interface on
those ports you'll be fine.

the rules I use are the following...

01000 deny tcp from any 137-139 to any via tun0
01000 deny udp from any 137-139 to any via tun0
01001 deny tcp from any to any 137-139 via tun0
01001 deny udp from any to any 137-139 via tun0

tun0 being my interface to the outside world, and yes I know netbios is udp
but I'm a bit paranoid I guess.

hope this helps.
-Chris