Date:      Sun, 1 Jan 2006 10:58:56 +0100
From:      Chris Gilbert <Chris@lainos.org>
To:        Ulrich Spoerlein <q@galgenberg.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATI on FreeBSD! FireGL Linux Driver Port (New Version)

Fantastic!

Yup, I'll update the README with this information. (xorg-snap incompatibility)

Sorry for my absence for a few days, but here is the current agenda and
status:

The amd64 version is about 50% ready with the help of a donated amd64 shell.

I have been sidetracked however, by some bugs in the fireglcontrolpanel.

Once these fireglcontrolpanel bugs are squared away I will resume work on the
amd64 port and release a simultaneous i386 and amd64 version with all of the
updates.

I'm also going to be expanding the documentation provided a fair deal to help
get people started. (In my opinion the official ATI docs severely lack and
expect the user to use their configuration utilities solely. They offer
little to no xorg.conf samples and so on.)

It's very important to me that we get what we have polished and working as
much as possible before complicating issues by adding a kernel module.

Once this has been accomplished, I will resume work on the kernel module
required for the 3D DRI.

--
Regards,
Chris Gilbert