Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:12:44 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        lori.broniszewski@worldnet.att.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: driver available?

On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 10:33:09AM -0800, lori.broniszewski@worldnet.att.net wrote:
> I want to install the Digital Research/Imation LS-120 SuperDisk into my
> p.c. for backups. I know it's Win95 P&P compatable, but can FreeBSD
> support it? Is there any way around this? Is there a driver available?
> I'd hate to go & shell out more money for a tape drive if the SuperDisk
> can be used. Help!

From the GENERIC kernel config file:

# ATAPI devices
options 	ATAPI		#Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
options 	ATAPI_STATIC	#Don't do it as an LKM
device		acd0		#IDE CD-ROM
device		wfd0		#IDE Floppy (e.g. LS-120)

This is in 3.4-STABLE, I don't know exactly when support was added,
but I suspect it's in all 3.x versions.

BTW, if you are wanting to boot from it you will need BIOS support.

	Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
	BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
			              -Poster at LinuxWorld 2000