Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 1995 14:56:56 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        jehamby@lightside.com (Jake Hamby)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: QIC-80 tape driver sucks..

As Jake Hamby wrote:

> As soon as I can snag a copy of the ft(1) source as well as FTAPE (the
> Linux floppy tape driver which DOES work with these tapes) I should be
> able to hack it into submission.  Actually I'd prefer to put floppy tape
> support entirely in the kernel where it belongs (so I can use 'mt') but
> I'm afraid I'm not a good enough kernel hacker for that.  I'll post up to
> this list when I've got a patch, but I'd like to know first if anyone has
> already solved this problem?

If you can come up with anything useable, submit it.

Since apparently nobody of our current commiters team uses floppy
tapes very much, it would be quite a good idea if you'd also sign
_responsible_ for maintaining the driver... :)

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/