Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:16:34 -0500
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPP Questions

Greetings,
I have 3.2-Release running on a machine that uses ppp to
connect to the internet.  It acts as a gateway to the internet
for machines on the internal Lan.  The other machines are
Win95/98/NT.  They run MS Outlook for email, and I think
it is Outlook keeping the link active.  I looked at the ppp log
and noticed that as soon as the link went down (due to idle
time-out), it immediately came back up.  Is there a way
(on Freebsd, so I can set it and forget it) to prevent outlook
automatic requests from establishing the dailup link ?

thanks,
Darryl