Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2012 15:05:57 +0200
From:      Jos Chrispijn <kernel@webrz.net>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portmaster/Portupgrade | pkg2ng

Matthew Seaman:
> Beware that running pkg2ng converts your system to use pkgng.  This
> makes the old pkg_tools commands (pkg_info, pkg_version, pkg_delete
> etc.) useless -- they'll do nothing but whinge about a corrupted package
> database. Once you've then started using pkgng to install or upgrade
> packages, there isn't an easy way to revert to the old pkg_tools.  So be
> sure you mean it if you choose to run it.
Thanks, that is what I wanted to know. I think I'll leave it like it is
now. Thought this additional function (both portupgrade and portmaster
came out of nowhere with this announcement) were expected to install by
user as there might be a change in service or something like that.

Kind regards,
Jos Chrispijn