Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:53:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@zone.baldcom.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More doscmd adventures/lockups

Alright, sorry about that.  The CURRENTness is a world from a few days
ago, and a kernel from 7/22/98; I don't know exactly what "options" you're
referring to, but the only non-normal-and-possibly-unstable things in my
kernel are:
options         "VM86"
options                SOFTUPDATES
I'm pretty sure the problem wasn't with SoftUpdates... the specific
conditions were bochs, an i386 emulator, installing DOS on the drive
(/home/green/msdos.drv), which uses nothing special, system-wise, and
doscmd, trying to boot the drive at the same time, which uses the VM86
system to run. Let me know what else you want to know.

Cheers,
Brian Feldman
green@unixhelp.org