Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 23:38:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        mikko@dynas.se
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netgear FA410TX - Some progress (Patch included)

>It looks like newer versions of this card use an updated ethernet
>controller (DL10022 instead of DL10019), and that the lack of the
>correct incantations is why initializatio fails.
>
>Now, I'd be most grateful if someone more knowledgeable would have a
>look at this, and perhaps get hold of specs from wherever the specs on
>the old chip (DL10019) came from, and maybe update if_ed.c in a
>controlled fashion, to support these new cards.
>
>I haven't tested the hack with any other cards, or in any other setup
>than the one on my desk right now, so it may in fact not work for
>anyone else, or anywhere else :)

Hot diggity!  This works with my card -- a DFE-650TX!  Now my laptop has a
newer, less-falling-apart card than my old 3com.

My thanks to Warner and Paul Saab, and, of course, to Mikko!

I had to remove one part of the previous Linksys patch (the bcmp's were
causing the linksys probe function to return 0).