Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:24:11 -0500
From:      "Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM" <tforrest@mcs.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dialpad

Has anyone configured a FBSD 3.3 NAT/Firewall system to use Dialpad?
I am not quite so sure about configuring my firewall to allow the
proper ports.

Here is a quote from dialpad's site:

I have a private network, how can I use Dialpad??

If you have a private network, even though you can call someone, you
wouldn't be able to hear the remote end. This is because the incoming
voice packets cannot find its way to the PC without a valid (public)
IP address.

In order to use Dialpad on a private network, you have to map the
incoming ports on the server. You have to map the following incoming
ports

UDP: 51200, 51201
TCP: 51210
If you need a trigger for them, use TCP: 7175 (outgoing)

Then it offers a command line for Linux IP Masq'ing (2.2.x kernel):
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -u -r udp 51200 51201 -c tcp 7175
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -u -r tcp 51210 51210 -c tcp 7175

What would the correct syntax in FBSD be to match the above rules?

I was going to search the mail archives but it appears that the
search function is still b0rked.

Thanks, as always.

Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM -  tforrest@mcs.net
http://www.mcs.net/~tforrest
And now, its time, for some useless, bandwidth wasting words of wisdom:
Don't be held back by yesterday's DOS!  Try today's OS/2!

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 5762 A3CC 8EA5 8542  9666 222B 61A9 2558

** Tag(s) inserted by Bandit Tagger98 - http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c918704