Date:      Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:46:10 +1000
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Missing quarterly current pkg files?

--Q0rSlbzrZN6k9QnT

[Copying -ports; the issue could be interesting to others]

On Monday, 11 April 2022 at  0:22:23 -0700, Mark Millard wrote:
> From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog_at_FreeBSD.org>
> Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 09:04:43 +1000 :
>
>> I've checked both IPv4 sites, and
>> http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:14:amd64/ only contains a "latest"
>> directory, not "quarterly".
>>
>> What's the issue here?  This system was running fine until I tried the
>> bootstrap.
>
> main [so: 14 as things are, aka current] never has quarterly.
> This is not a change.
>
> My guess is that your /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf ended up no
> longer looking like:

> FreeBSD: {
>   url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest",
>
> but ended up listing . . ./quarterly instead of . . ./latest .
> Or a /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf was created that
> referenced . . ./quarterly instead.

Thanks.  That led to the solution.  In fact, FreeBSD.conf was
unchanged since November 2019; the issue was that I originally
installed -STABLE, and then upgraded to -CURRENT some months ago.  pkg
appears only to have noticed this after the beginning of the quarter.

Is there any warning about this somewhere?  I didn't see one.  It
seems strange that the upgrade to -CURRENT went seamlessly, but that
pkg failed as a result with messages that aren't immediately obvious.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php