Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 1997 16:42:17 +0100
From:      Felipe Garcia <bsd@usis.usemb.se>
To:        Leo Reiter <ler@micro.lucent.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Having lots of trouble with FreeBSD 2.1.6!

At 10:06 AM 2/11/97 -0500, Leo Reiter wrote:
>I just replaced my Linux box with a FreeBSD 2.1.6 release I purchased
>from Walnut Creek CD-ROM.  I am having much trouble in getting the
>system to run correctly.
>
>My primary concern is the XFree86 software.  I installed it completely,
>and configured it, and when I run startx, the server runs (somewhat.)
>However, upon exit, there are two lines on the screen that read:
>
>	PEX extension module not loaded
>	XIE extension module not loaded
These you don't have to worry about, If you want then install the X-server
link kit and complile them in

>And except in the twm manager, the menus do not work (and no, my Numlock
>is not on.)  I've tried both the fvwm and olwm (OpenLook/XView)
>managers.

As ship you must install other managers if you want to run them and write
copy steal menus to suite you..(use your old linux one if you liked it)

for fvwm, the file is /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm/.fvwmrc
you can also copy system.fvwmrc from the same dir to .fvwmrc
or you can have a file with the same name in your home dir.

For your Kboard, did  you run xf86config or X86Setup to configure X-Windows
if you run the old xf86config you don't have to use the NEW IMPROVED kboard
support. Which doesn't work for everyone.

>Please help me with this problem.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Leo Reiter
>ler@origin.micro.lucent.com