Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 00:25:28 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'shwim@purdue.edu'" <shwim@purdue.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Network Problems...

Well, 1st off you'll need to give us some more information
 1. What are the IP's of the 2 machines?
 2. What are the netmasks set to?
 3. Does 'ping 127.0.0.1' work on both machines?
 4. Can each machine ping it's own ip address?  (e.g. if the FreeBSD
machine's address were 10.0.0.1, does 'ping 10.0.0.1' work?)
 5. What is the output of dmesg, and ifconfig -a?

-Chris