Date:      Fri, 31 May 1996 15:04:11 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        erich@uruk.org, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do you get the SMP code

>> If you're going to use it a lot, load the APIC id once in a routine (or
>> for that matter, index a "logical CPU number" and keep it around
instead).

>But where would I keep it my dear man ?   :-)
>
>I will always have to start out at the APIC_ID...
>We don't have any "per-cpu" VM (this is different from "terrys" code).

Also, dont forget we can re-program the APIC_ID register, so if it's not
sequential to our liking, we can simply change it. :-)  So, we can use the
APIC_ID as the logical cpu number.

However, actually implementing the switch without causing mass confusion
with duplicate id's could be... "interesting".. :-)

Cheers,
-Peter