Date:      Mon, 8 May 2006 07:14:05 -0600
From:      "Bryan Curl" <bc3910@gmail.com>
To:        Matthias.Apitz@sisis.de
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUI mail client recommendations ...

Ok I'll bite.
I installed fetchmail and fairly quickly had it retreiving mail into system=
.
I installed mutt and spent 2 hours looking at man and muttrc. Wow.
What I dont get is how mutt replies to mail I retrived from '
mywork.mailserver.com'.
I have to use '' to send the mail. I think I do it like this.

mutt sends mail as usual. Then,
fetchmail -S smtp.myispmailserver.net

The mail bounces from myispmailserver.net with an error like
me@walnut.bc.net (my private domain) is urecognized domain. (exact message
escapes me at this time)

The question is how do I tell mutt to send all mail out through '
smtp.myispmailserver.net'?
Or maybe I need to configure sendmail or fetchmail differntly?

Can someone point me to some sample configs or human readable help
information?

Thanks